Killer apps/"selling" points of FC and GNU/Linux

Mike Hearn mike at navi.cx
Tue Nov 16 14:48:19 UTC 2004

On Tue, 16 Nov 2004 08:29:48 +0000, Michael A. Peters wrote:
> If solutions for those scenarios came to Linux (and no, I don't like
> wine) natively - I wouldn't need Windows.

Why don't you want to use Wine for these things? I got a track from iTMS
yesterday on Linux, without a copy of Windows, using Wine. It solves
your problem using free software as much as possible, in a convenient
manner, but you'd rather reboot to Windows and use 100% proprietary stuff
instead? That makes no sense.

If it's just some "oh well I think vendors should produce native apps"
then fine, we all love native apps, but Apple (I notice you have a
@mac.com address) is the company that bought Shake then immediately killed
the [profitable] Linux port. They are not going to be doing a
Linux-native port anytime soon, perhaps not ever.

Circle-breaking has to start somewhere ...