Killer apps/"selling" points of FC and GNU/Linux

Avi Alkalay avibrazil at gmail.com
Tue Nov 16 20:13:27 UTC 2004

On Tue, 16 Nov 2004 14:39:03 -0500, Sean Middleditch
<elanthis at awesomeplay.com> wrote:
> On Tue, 2004-11-16 at 20:27 +0100, Kyrre Ness Sjobak wrote:
> > Delphi exists for Linux. Sadly (i know it is a shitty language, but it
> > is fast to learn and develop small things in), VB doesn't.
>
> VB.NET does, however.  http://www.mono-project.com

Please be carefull with .NET on Linux.
I saw a presentation from a competitive analisys, that said only 10%
of .NET is an open specification.

Also, the beauty of .NET is their superstrong ecosystem of COTS
(components off the shelf) that are available on the market. And they
will work only on Wintel.

Regards,
Avi