Fedora.us rebuild [Re: wiki at fedora.us]

Colin Charles byte at aeon.com.my
Wed Nov 17 03:34:28 UTC 2004

On Tue, 2004-11-16 at 13:47 -0800, Per Bjornsson wrote:
> > <kyrre at solution-forge.net> wrote:
> > > Could somebody please do something about this:
> > >
> > > - Fedora Core 3:
> > >         Coming soon
> > >
> > > http://www.fedora.us/wiki/FedoraSources#yum
> >
> > It's a Wiki.  Anyone can change it, feel free.

Eventually, the wiki is to be moved to http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/ -
in fact the import is already supposed to be happening, I just think
that those of us that can do it, are kinda swamped

> Perhaps the real problem is that the directory that it should be
> pointing to - the Fedora.us "extras" RPM directory for FC3 - is still
> empty? ;) (With the mirror list stuff in Yum and up2date it seems pretty
> pointless to ask people to point Yum to the download.fedora.us site I
> think, so the only relevant link there would be the one for extra
> packages.) Look at http://download.fedora.us , the directory is there
> but there is nothing in it.)

Agreed. There was no mass rebuild

> Actually, what are the plans regarding a rebuild of Extras for FC3? In
> general I think the FC2 builds do work, but there are annoyances; e.g.
> C++ packages typically need the compat-libstdc++ package since they are
> built against an older version of the C++ standard library. (Notably
> this is true for Inkscape, I discovered this when Inkscape just didn't
> start after my FC3 upgrade.) Sure I can just rebuild most SRPMs but
> isn't the point of having repositories that people can just point to
> them and install stuff? Is this stalling on getting the Red Hat build
> infrastructure for Extras in place?

Most FC2 packages work. I think there are fedora.us repos of FC3 RPMS
online somwhere - try livna possibly, or download.fr.fedora.us

But definitely, the delay wasn't planned for, but since there was a
delay, only good things can come out of it =)
Colin Charles, byte at aeon.com.my
http://www.bytebot.net/
then you win." -- Mohandas Gandhi