RFE: more FC4 Requests

Axel Thimm Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net
Wed Nov 17 14:55:11 UTC 2004

On Wed, Nov 17, 2004 at 08:34:53AM +0100, Michael Schwendt wrote:
> On Wed, 17 Nov 2004 08:08:28 +0100 (CET), Dag Wieers wrote:
>
> > Also explain me why I spend 3 months or more on the fedora.us mailinglist,
> > like so many other existing packagers (matthias, axel, rudolf, fernando,
> > russ, ..) and each one of them apparently decided not to.
>
> Which name did Rudolf use on that list? Wanted to check out his
> comments, but cannot find his name in the list archives at all.
> Concerning Fernando, there's a total of 7 messages from him in the
> archives. One message on Nov 8th 2003, the other six between Dec 20th
> 2003 and Dec 22nd 2003.

Look who's digging ...

Dag may have included Fernando in the list above by accident, but Dag
forgot to add himself to the list, so that makes it up. ;)

Anyway the rest was certainly there until it went away. Just ask
yourself Dag's question again, why did _all_ these people step away?
Why didn't any of the packagers stay?

Even though the answers are not comfortable to fedora.us, I believe a
critical analysis of fedora.us' past errors and a change of manifesto
is long overdue. It is anyway not compatible to Red Hat's goals in the
joint project.
--
Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net