stateless problems

Peter Schobel pschobel at porchlight.ca
Wed Nov 17 18:46:21 UTC 2004

Hi,

i'm able to get the install of the stateless pkgs to work by intalling
them from the online repository like so

#Package install information
%packages --resolvedeps
%post --interpreter=/bin/bash
echo "[StatelessLinux]" >> /etc/yum.conf
echo "name=Stateless Linux" >> /etc/yum.conf
echo "baseurl=http://people.redhat.com/dmalcolm/stateless" >>
/etc/yum.conf
echo "gpgcheck=0" >> /etc/yum.conf
rpm --import /usr/share/rhn/*
yum -y install stateless-client
echo "LDAP_SERVER=myldapserver" > /etc/sysconfig/stateless
echo "LDAP_BASE_DN=dc=cms, dc=porchlight, dc=ca" >>
/etc/sysconfig/stateless
echo "LDAP_ADMIN_DN=cn=Manager, dc=cms, dc=porchlight, dc=ca" >>
/etc/sysconfig/stateless
echo "LDAP_ADMIN_PASSWD=myldappasswd" >> /etc/sysconfig/stateless
cd /usr/share/stateless
python stateless-boostrap.py -r /reserve-root -b /reserve-boot

but the system reboots and the sync of the snapshot does not work

when i try to run

python stateless-boostrap.py -r /reserve-root -b /reserve-boot

from cli i get

[root at store-lan1-100 stateless]# python bootstrap.py -r /reserve-root -b
/reserve-boot
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "bootstrap.py", line 31, in ?
    import gtk
  File
"/usr/src/build/463937-i386/install/usr/lib/python2.3/site-packages/gtk-2.0/gtk/__init__.py", line 37, in ?
RuntimeError: could not open display

please excuse my ignorance, but why do we need an X display to rsync a
fs?

thx in advance

Peter Schobel
~