Recompiling the Fedora 3 Kernel - interessting ?

Arjan van de Ven arjanv at redhat.com
Fri Nov 19 11:47:13 UTC 2004

On Fri, 2004-11-19 at 12:43 +0100, Frank wrote:
> installed thew latest NVidia Driver and removed the AGP Drivers
> completly in the Kernel .config with make menuconfig

you have to keep in mind that we build AGP in for a reason. It is for
*correct operation* of systems. AGP shouldn't be modular at all!
(this has to do with resource management; AGP has a range of memory in
use, and the agp code will inform the rest of the kernel about this. But
if you do it as module this may well be too late).
> Nov 19 12:11:14 client kernel: Modules linked in: nvidia(U) vmnet(U)
> vmmon(U)

oh boy.. vmware AND nvidia... better go to the respective vendor forums
since there sure isn't anything we can do