various python packages installed in wrong place x86_64

Matthias Saou thias at spam.spam.spam.spam.spam.spam.spam.egg.and.spam.freshrpms.net
Sat Nov 20 11:04:23 UTC 2004

Neal Becker wrote :

> I noticed there are quite a few packages installing into
> /usr/lib/python2.3 instead of /usr/lib64/python2.3.  For example:
>
> >rpm -q subversion.x86_64
> subversion-1.1.1-1.1
>
> >rpm -q -l subversion
> [...]
> /usr/lib/python2.3/site-packages/libsvn

I would guess these are arch-independant files, where there is only python
code and no actual .so "binary" shared libs. Of course, for subversion,
since it's not a separate package, it won't be a .noarch.rpm.

Matthias

Fedora Core release 3 (Heidelberg) - Linux kernel 2.6.9-1.667.radeonfb
Load : 0.01 0.07 0.08