Kernel Crashs - interessting ?

Frank Frank at lists.sytes.net
Sat Nov 20 17:34:28 UTC 2004

Nick Bargnesi:

> A better workaround I found was to put
>
> /sbin/modprobe nvidia
>
> before the "Welcome to redhat..." inside /etc/rc.sysinit.  Its about
> line 100 I believe.
>
> Regards,
> Nick Bargnesi

Thank you too ... but i have no Problems with my NVidia Driver except if
i reboot the Maschine. I can playing Games, rendering and lauthing

dragoran:

-installing nvidia driver (using agpgart)
-edit  /etc/X11/xorg.conf
modprobe nvidia
cp -a /dev/nvidia* /etc/udev/devices
chown root.root /etc/udev/devices/nvidia*
chmod 0666 /etc/udev/devices/nvidia*
reboot

yes exactly ... but ive loaded the original NVdriver and removed the
Linux Kernel AGP Driver, because the NVidia AGP Driver outperformes the
LINUX AGP Driver.

all Help Messages are very friendly. Still, the Problem persists

i get a LINUX Kernel CRASH if i simply reboot the Maschine after a long
Day working. Thankx

Greetings		Frank