RFR: more FC4 Requests

Panu Matilainen pmatilai at welho.com
Sat Nov 20 19:25:38 UTC 2004

On Sat, 2004-11-20 at 11:56 -0500, Jeff Johnson wrote:
> Arjan van de Ven wrote:
>
> >On Sat, 2004-11-20 at 08:49 -0500, Jeff Johnson wrote:
> >

> >>Are there any other known deficient implementations that might
> >>meaningfully be
> >>removed in FC4?
> >>

> >we should consider replacing/rewriting up2date realistically...
> >

> And we need to add apt-rpm to FC4 and watch the depsolver battles
> proceed to their appropriate
> end points.
>
> FC4 is the perfect stadium.
>
> I volunteer to package apt-rpm as Magister Ludi ...

Somebody would need to add support for the new repodata format and
multilib to apt first. I've some work done on both but far from working
and/or acceptable in reality. Add to that the fact that Conectiva is
working on yet-another-depsolver with intent to replace apt
(http://distro2.conectiva.com.br/pipermail/apt-rpm/2004-
October/002580.html) ... time is probably better spent adding the
missing pieces to yum instead.

	- Panu -