Addition : Ink Level

Tim Waugh twaugh at redhat.com
Tue Nov 23 12:54:08 UTC 2004

On Tue, Nov 23, 2004 at 12:09:09PM -0000, Hughes R Mr (UG - Electronic Eng) wrote:

> I currently have no way of checking my ink level (for a epson
> printer) in FC3 without compiling and installing other programs such
> as epsutil. Surly an enterprise class distribution such as FC3
> should have some kind of ink monitor in the main distribution.

See bug #120331, "RFE:  Add mtink, an Epson ink cartridge monitor".
The concern here is adding lots of little utilities without binding
them together with a useful interface.

Perhaps this is an area that eggcups could expand into -- or should it
be in the tool for setting up print queues instead?

Tim.
*/