Pentium 4 and Athlon architecture optimizations in kernel

Frank Frank at lists.sytes.net
Mon Nov 29 00:38:49 UTC 2004

Hallo,

> I dropped my message into this old thread instead:
>
> Recent Fedora Core kernels (plus my SPEC file for 2.6.8-1.541   with
> Athlon support)
>
> Have fun.
>
> William

Thankx. You now where these Specfiles are ?

Because, this sounds very auspicious:

[ **BTW, I'm fully aware that the i686 kernel runs fairly optimized on
Athlon.  But turning off the generic support, and optimizing for K7
makes a significant difference for me in engineering applications. ]

http://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-list/2004-September/msg04462.html

www.vaporwarelabs.com seems unfortunately down as is tryed. If Athlon
Kernel would entering back Fedora i would be the first one who test it.

Greetings		Frank