print configuration

Trever L. Adams tadams-lists at myrealbox.com
Tue Nov 30 20:08:29 UTC 2004

On Tue, 2004-11-30 at 20:49 +0100, Kyrre Ness Sjobak wrote:
> To share it using cups, make sure your other computers actually could
> lookup your dns name to your IP.

That is done. Do I actually need to set one in the cupsd.conf or does it
automatically grab one?

> Also drill a hole for port 631:udp in the client's firewall.

Right now, silly, I know, there is no firewall within my network. There
is one on the route to the outside world. This will probably be
changing, but it isn't right now.

> To have it shared via samba, i think installing and starting it is
> enough.

Hmm, you are correct. I wasn't seeing printers where I looked. Ooops,
wrong location.

So the question is, how can I tell if cupsd is allowing the browsing. I
am watching with Ethereal and I see nothing. In my apps I see nothing.

Also, I noticed that in the printer definitions in cupsd.conf (defs is
wrong, more like acl) I see that the order is deny,allow and the first
line is deny all even though a few lines later it says allow everyone.
Is this accurate?

Trever
--
"C++ is to C as Lung Cancer is to Lung." -- A.C. on Slashdot