gnome-volume-manager blank CD defaults

Jon Savage jonathansavage at gmail.com
Thu Oct 7 23:32:15 UTC 2004

> > I wanted to get the Fedora communities opinion on popping up a burn://
> > folder when a blank CD is inserted into the drive.  Right now we pop it
> > up which makes sense because if you pop in a blank CD most likely you
> > want to burn to it.  Problems come in when a user is using browser mode
> > in Nautilus.  If you pop the CD in and out a couple of times you get a
> > bunch of burn:// folders.  Since you get a CD icon on the desktop which
> > you can double click to open up the burn:// folder I am wondering if I
> > should turn this off by default.  I am of no opinion either way so I
> > want to see how everyone else feels.
I hate that behavior. It is OK as a user configurable *option* but
makes for a poor default IMHO since more often than not I'm inserting
a blank cd intending to burn something using my app of choice & have
to wait for the silly burn:// folder to come up, The other times I'm
inserting a blank CD because I want to back something up *later*. In
either case the current default bites(tm). I just turned it off. Sorta
reminds me of XPs deal of wanting to autolaunch apps / file browsers /
whatever when media (blank or otherwise) is inserted. yrrgh. YMMV :).

Bests

Jon