Should I mention kde-3.3.1?

Frank Schmitt ich at Frank-Schmitt.net
Wed Oct 20 10:29:27 UTC 2004

Jeff Pitman <symbiont at berlios.de> writes:

> On Wednesday 20 October 2004 15:34, Frank Schmitt wrote:
>> I know about this project but I don't like it since when adding it to
>> yum.conf I not only get a new KDE but dozens of other packages are
>> replaced, too. This means that I get dependencies problems when there
>> are updates for those in the main Fedora repositories and I get
>> problems when updating from one Fedora release to the next. Further
>> on, I trust Fedora to build quality packages and timely fix security
>> issues. I don't really know if I can put the same trust in the guys
>> from kde-redhat.
>
> Pure FUD.

No, experience. I installed the kde-redhat packages on my
playground-box, after some days there was an upgrade to gtk in the
Fedora updates repositories which horrible brake things. I sweared like
a trooper, spent an hour deleting all the kde-redhat packages and
reinstalling the Fedora packages and decided it was a "tried once, rated
as bad" experience.

--
Did you ever realize how much text fits in eighty columns? If you now consider
that a signature usually consists of up to four lines, this gives you enough