Lock screen does not work for root in gnome

Tom Diehl tdiehl at rogueind.com
Thu Oct 21 18:02:25 UTC 2004

On Thu, 21 Oct 2004, Colin Walters wrote:

> On Thu, 2004-10-21 at 13:32 -0400, seth vidal wrote:
>
> > I was arguing against what I _thought_ I read, which was getting rid of
> > ALL root logins. Including tty.
>
> No no, just gdm basically.

I had the same impression as Seth. I do not care about gdm. What I
care about is being able to login as root on any machine ldap is for whatever
reason unavailable. Last time I tried it was not possible to login at all
if ldap is not available.  Granted I have not tried in a while and maybe
this is fixed but it used to be a problem.

Regards,

Tom