x86_64 support Was: Proposal: make PPC a supported arch for FC4

Rudi Chiarito nutello at sweetness.com
Fri Oct 29 18:30:57 UTC 2004

On Fri, Oct 29, 2004 at 08:04:34PM +0200, Ralf Ertzinger wrote:
> How are the chances for it?

Speaking of support for architectures, I was wondering about Extras and
x86_64. The fedora.us site only hosts i386 packages. Justin Forbes has a
x86_64 Extras repository for FC2, but it's signed with his own key and
looks pretty stale at the moment (Justin recently switched jobs).

With Extras still in limbo, I am not sure what to expect. Who and where
will build and sign Extras for x86_64? Red Hat? Or someone else? And
what is the plan if, say, PPC becomes a supported architecture?

Then there's the more practical issue of when packages for FC3 will
begin to appear in Extras, regardless of the architecture. That was
debated a few days ago, but I don't think any conclusion was reached.

--
Rudi