FC2 kernel quality

Kyrre Ness Sjobak kyrre at solution-forge.net
Fri Oct 1 09:34:22 UTC 2004

Correct. But anyone who has been to a forum knows that there are so many
things users want to compile. And as long as post-install-installing the
packages from the nifty menu didn't work because:
- Broken autorun script on fc2 cd's
- fc2 system-config-packages was really borked anyway - all it did was
to say "please insert CD" - when i in reallity was inserted.

Is this fixed in fc3? I cant test, cus' i only have the NFS install
images...

Idealy, one should have a metapackage called "dev-tools" (or something
like that) in yum, which would "depend" on having yum, make, etc., a
"x-devel", a "gnome-devel" and a "kde-devel" package. Which would make
it really simple to post-installation install it if needed.