FC2 kernel quality

Stuart Children stuart at terminus.co.uk
Fri Oct 1 11:56:05 UTC 2004

Alan Cox wrote:
> On Thu, Sep 30, 2004 at 08:16:30PM +0200, Enrico Scholz wrote:
>>* there is a bug when opening new PTYs; a symptom is EIO when accessing
>>  /dev/ptmx. This bug breaks application like screen or ssh.
>
> Yep a few people are seeing this.

Is there a bug number for this? I've been meaning to create one for
something I'm seeing occasionally: try to open a new xterm, cpu leaps to
100% for a while before giving up, no pty allocated. A reboot fixes it,
and one time I left it quite a while it started working again.

Only happens infrequently (which is why I've been hesistent filing a
bug) and just on my home desktop - never on my other machines or work
desktop.

Related perhaps?

--
Stuart