RPM specfiles for commercial packages?

Eli Carter eli.carter at inet.com
Fri Oct 1 18:58:38 UTC 2004

Jos Vos wrote:
> On Fri, Oct 01, 2004 at 01:01:20PM -0500, Jason L Tibbitts III wrote:
>

>>Is anyone else doing this?  Is there a place where we can exchange
>>specfiles?
>

> Note that the right way for "exchanging" non-free software packages
> is to exchange nosrc.rpm files, not just spec files.

Is there a HOWTO that describes nosrc.rpm's and how they are made and
used?  (A quick Googling didn't help much...)

Eli
--------------------. "If it ain't broke now,
Eli Carter           \                  it will be soon." -- crypto-gram
eli.carter(a)inet.com `-------------------------------------------------

Confidentiality Notice:   This e-mail transmission may contain
confidential and/or privileged information that is intended only for the
individual or entity named in the e-mail address. If you are not the
intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any disclosure,
copying, distribution or reliance upon the contents of this e-mail
message is strictly prohibited. If you have received this e-mail
transmission in error, please reply to the sender, so that proper
delivery can be arranged, and please delete the message from your
computer.  Thank you.
Inet Technologies, Inc.