RFE: More on mounting + a question about the "console" flag

Ola Thoresen redhat at olen.net
Mon Oct 4 14:55:35 UTC 2004

>> That is just to obscure. You dont run cron jobs on a client off
>> removable media. You just dont do that.
>
> Actually I do for my backups :)

AOL.
With todays sizes and prizes of removable storage, it really makes much
more sense to backup to a 300GB fast, easy to install and cheap
FireWire-disk, than to a slow and expensive tapedrive.
=;-)

Most of the time this is probably done as root, but I guess there still
might be situations where one wants to run such a job as another user.

Rgds.
Ola Thoresen