How to make a custom Fedora bootable CD?

David Malcolm dmalcolm at redhat.com
Mon Oct 4 16:12:15 UTC 2004

On Sun, 2004-10-03 at 15:58 +0200, Arangel Angov wrote:
> I wanted to make one bootable installation cd with the things I want
> from fedora. Asked google, but didn't found much.
> I also tried some forums of projects that have working custom bootable
> fedora based distro's but I can't seem to find proper documentation on
> how this is done. Does it involve kickstart configuration files and
> where everything goes? Is there a document that somebody could recommend
> for this?

You may want to look at the Stateless Linux tutorial I wrote, which has
some information on obtaining an install of Fedora as a subtree within
your file hierarchy, and then creating a live CD of it.

See:
http://fedora.redhat.com/docs/stateless/

and in particular:
http://fedora.redhat.com/docs/stateless/sn-live-cd.html

Much of this document is aimed at a sysadmin wanting to manage a large
number of client machines, so some of it may be overkill for your needs,
but the Live CD creation script should be usable, and we'd love to get
feedback (patches?) on it.

Dave