Doom3 for Devel ?

Frank Frank at lists.sytes.net
Wed Oct 6 11:18:18 UTC 2004

Hallo,

i have upgraded my Fedora 2 via 'yum' to rawhide. I begun with it 3 Weeks before.
Since, i do this every Day. So the latest Updates are on my System installed.

The System works like a Champ AND can play nice Quake3 with my GeForce
FX 5700 with it with the latest Nvidia Drivers and Kernel 2.6

So i installed Doom3, the official Linux Port from id -> iam very scared
because please have a look at the Output:

----- R_InitOpenGL -----
dlopen(libGL.so.1)
Open X display
Initializing OpenGL display
Using XFree86-VidModeExtension Version 2.2
DGA DirectVideo Mouse (Version 2.0) initialized
Free86-VidModeExtension Activated at 1024x768
Couldn't get a visual
dlopen(libGL.so.1)
Initializing OpenGL display
Using XFree86-VidModeExtension Version 2.2
DGA DirectVideo Mouse (Version 2.0) initialized
Free86-VidModeExtension Activated at 640x480
Couldn't get a visual
idRenderSystem::Shutdown()
Fatal X Error:
  Major opcode of failed request: 105
  Minor opcode of failed request: 0
  Serial number of failed request: 38
BadValue (integer parameter out of range for operation)
Fatal X Error:
  Major opcode of failed request: 2
  Minor opcode of failed request: 0
  Serial number of failed request: 42
BadWindow (invalid Window parameter)
Fatal X Error:
  Major opcode of failed request: 4
  Minor opcode of failed request: 0
  Serial number of failed request: 43
BadWindow (invalid Window parameter)
Sys_Error: Unable to initialize OpenGL

a manual /sbin/start_udev doesnt resolve the Problem. And Google couldnt
help me out further or the Helps from

http://people.redhat.com/~harald/udev.html

i does it all:

		# mkdir /tmp/dev
		# mount --move /dev /tmp/dev
		# /sbin/MAKEDEV null console zero
		# mount --move /tmp/dev /dev

		# cp -a /dev/nvidia* /etc/udev/devices
		# chown root.root /etc/udev/devices/nvidia*

besides, the last thing succeded for the Nvidia driver Problem. Before
i must the recompile after every Reboot. But my Alsa Drivers, doenst comes
up automatically until i do a /sbin/start_udev manually.

Back to doom3

I suspect, like RvB said, this is a X Error. But he dont know exactly
how about to solve it. He doenst have my Hardware, like he said

Anybody Expert here --- please ?

As a Attachement you can propose my xorg.conf. Hope this helps a lot.

Greetings
Frank