sqlite?

Matthias Saou thias at spam.spam.spam.spam.spam.spam.spam.egg.and.spam.freshrpms.net
Wed Oct 6 15:27:29 UTC 2004

Alan Cox wrote :

> On Wed, Oct 06, 2004 at 07:58:28AM -0400, Neal D. Becker wrote:
> > Hardly might seem that we need yet another database, but it looks like
> > sqlite is rapidly becoming very popular.  Being 'lite', it really
> > serves a different need than others.  I think it would be a good
> > addition to fedora.
>
> Possibly, but it probably fits in with PHP5 and thus FC4 or later. FC3 is
> approaching test3 which makes changing/adding packages a bit tricky.
> Losing them if we run out of disk space might occur I guess

Last I checked the sqlite PHP module, the source actually contained its own
snapshot of sqlite, thus didn't require any external library, so including
or not sqlite is a non issue wrt PHP, except maybe to have external tools
to manipulate the sqlite files. This may have changed, though, I think it's
been a while ;-)

Matthias

Fedora Core release 2.91 (FC3 Test 2) - Linux kernel 2.6.8-1.521.dell
Load : 1.01 0.53 0.47