gnome-volume-manager blank CD defaults

Fri Oct 8 22:18:41 UTC 2004

Jeff Spaleta a écrit :
> When i plugin a compact flash card in my
> reader that has a dcim directory
> the photo importer script notices and asks if i want to open the photo
> importer or if I want to browse the card's filesystem. Is this dialog
> approach acceptable for the multiple partitioned drive case?

Note that this is a copy of the windows approach, which assumes
locating the photo importer or the file browser is more annoying than
answering the same nonsensical question all year round (and given the
extremes to which this can lead on a recent windows system where an
event can be claimed by a dozen applications at least, it may very
well end the way of the dodo there soon).

The Fedora situation is very different - great care was put into
cleaning up the menus, choosing natural names etc. While this is very
much a work in progress we are very far from the windows mess and the
workarounds they had to implement because of it (simplified menu that
hides the real one, suggestion popups, etc).

Lets try to avoid proudly cloning clippy like the SO5 people did, ok ?

Cheers,

--
Nicolas Mailhot