Default browser of FC3?

Lars E. Pettersson lars at homer.se
Sat Oct 9 16:46:39 UTC 2004

On 10/09/2004 06:13 PM, Colin Walters wrote:
 >On Sat, 2004-10-09 at 18:02 +0200, Lars E. Pettersson wrote:
>> It is also not
>>connected to either Gnome or Kde and will therefore, hopefully, be
>>acknowledged by both Gnome and Kde users.
>

> Epiphany is the GNOME browser.

I know. My sentence above should have referred to the Firefox browser,
not Epiphany, just a slip on the keyboard :-)

Why would Epiphany be a better default than Firefox, or Konquerer for
that matter...?

Personally, after having tested all three, Firefox is the one that I
feel most comfortable with, others seem to have reached the same
conclusion. And, as has been said, users of other operating systems
will know the Firefox browser, but will probably find the new
acquaintance Epiphany a bit "strange" to work with. I think a lot of
users will switch to Firefox, when they realize that is available. I may
be wrong though, the future will tell. Nice that Firefox at least will
be available in FC3!

Lars
--
Lars E. Pettersson <lars at homer.se>