Default browser of FC3?

Panu Matilainen pmatilai at welho.com
Tue Oct 12 12:57:21 UTC 2004

On Tue, 12 Oct 2004, Florian La Roche wrote:

> > But by selecting a Gnome application as systems default you break Kde.
> > So in your mind it is OK to break Kde, but not Gnome?
>
> Please stop putting up flamewars that don't help anyone. No reason why
> a gnome app should break kde. I suggest to move such discussions to
> fedora-list@ or elsewhere, but really keep this away from fedora-devel-list at .

Well, sorry about starting a flamewar, that wasn't the intention (though I
do realize this is easily flammable material). I was just questioning the
wisdom of making Epiphany as the default browser for Gnome (dunno what's
the default for KDE and don't care as that's not the default desktop).

Epiphany might be a nice little browser but it's still rather obscure and
little used application compared to Mozilla and Firebird. In this
IE-centric world there's enough pain involved already to get things like
company intranet web applications supported with just Mozilla. "When are
you going to start supporting Epiphany"... not in this lifetime.

	- Panu -