APM/ACPI on ThinkPads [ Was: Fedora Core 3 Bug Status - 2004-10-11]

Philip Balister philip at balister.org
Tue Oct 12 20:29:38 UTC 2004

I built the kernel (from the 521 rpm) adding the radeonfb-4g patch from:
http://www.loria.fr/~thome/d600/ and changing the config so radeonfb was
bult in (not a module). I added the patch to the specfile and used
rpmbuild -bp to configure the source (also edited the i686 config file)

I can now go in and out of S3 succesfully. I don't know what the larger
consequences of these changes are on other pieces of hardware. I have a
Dell D600.

Philip