Request: gtkhtml3 and libgal2 compatability libs

Michael A. Peters mpeters at mac.com
Sun Oct 17 11:21:56 UTC 2004

If possible, I would like to see a fedora developer maintain the FC2
versions of gtkhtml3 and libgal2 packaged in Fedora Stable as
compatability libraries for software (such as gnomesword) that has not
yet been updated for the newer versions of those libraries.

It would be trivial to do - the library and devel packages do not
conflict with the newer versions that FC3T3 has. I'm guessing at most
all that needs to be done is changing the package name to compat-name
(I suppose even that isn't necessary, how smart is yum and apt-get with
respect to different versions of package with same name?)

I suspect there aren't many apps that need them, and they will no doubt
be ported to the newer versions, but I would like to see them in Fedora
Stable if for nothing else than compatability reasons.

The relative FC2 packages (that I'm requesting) are:

libgal2-1.99.11-1.src.rpm
gtkhtml3-3.0.10-1.src.rpm

Both of which build and install fine in FC3T3 as is (but the naming
might cause update issues, I don't know)