Lock screen does not work for root in gnome

Kyrre Ness Sjobak kyrre at solution-forge.net
Mon Oct 18 14:47:59 UTC 2004

I can see why is it unsecure to login as root, but why deny them a "lock
screen"? What more can be done than
- Killing the Xserver via the three-finger-salute
- Killing xscreenserver via a root account... Oh... You need to be root
to do that, right?

GUI root can be usefull sometimes. Such as when your auth setup has
totally screwed up, and you need to run
"system-config-authentification".

As far as i can see, the only effective way to prevent people from login
in to root, is to remove all usefull gui setup tools...