ACPI suspend to RAM in FC3T3

Mark Wormgoor mark at wormgoor.com
Tue Oct 19 06:28:11 UTC 2004

Hi,

> The ACPI support in the recent kernels is improving all the time, so for
> the first time I was able to suspend to RAM the FC3T3 with the default
> stock kernel.
> I was able to do it with echo 3 > /proc/acpi/sleep or echo mem >
> /sys/power/state.
> Is any graphical option to suspend from gnome ? I did not find any beside
> shutdown, restart, logout. There should be at least other two: suspend to
> ram and suspend to disk(hibernate).

Speaking of this, is there any way to tell Linux to go to sleep after a
certain inactivity timeout?  It would be nice if my desktop would go to
sleep after I haven't used it in 10 minutes.

I used to be able to configure that using the apm in bios, but current
ACPI bioses lack such settings.

KInd regards,

Mark
* |\    /|      |  /|  /       Mark Wormgoor                  *
* | \  / |      | / | /        mailto:mark at wormgoor.com       *
* |  \/  |ark   |/  |/ormgoor  http://www.wormgoor.com/mark/  *