Lock screen does not work for root in gnome

Sean Middleditch elanthis at awesomeplay.com
Tue Oct 19 16:47:24 UTC 2004

On Tue, 2004-10-19 at 17:39 +0100, Manuel Moreno wrote:
> On Mon, 2004-10-18 at 20:32 -0400, seth vidal wrote:
> > Disable root graphical logins.
> >
> > Period.

> > -sv
> >

> Don't do it, for God's sake!
>
> Let's not forget that computers are to be useful *not* to be secure.

Fortunately, the computer is 100% useful without having root graphical
logins.  Anyone who thinks otherwise is failing to think of the actual
problem (I need to do task X) and is instead only thinking of an old
solution (just login as root).  Everything you can possibly do by
logging in as root at GDM can be done some other way, in both a more
secure *and* a more convenient manner.

> --
> Manuel Moreno <manolo at miconexion.com>

AwesomePlay Productions, Inc.