Paralell startup

Roberto Peon grmoc at yahoo.com
Wed Oct 20 20:35:29 UTC 2004

It is a real gain. Many services sit there and wait for a network timeout, or
other high-latency, low-disk activity.

 Annoying. Load the other, non-dependant services in the meanwhile.
Head 'thrashing' due to multiple application access may cause some overall
ineffiency, but it really depends on the ratio of disk activity to
application latency.

-Roberto JP