bugzilla removes QAContact

Michael Schwendt fedora at wir-sind-cool.org
Fri Oct 22 11:22:16 UTC 2004

On Thu, 21 Oct 2004 23:46:35 -0400, Jim Cornette wrote:

> >Why is it that adding normal comments to bugzilla tickets without
> >touching anything else removes the QAContact person?
> >
> >           What    |Removed                     |Added
> >          QAContact|somebody at redhat.com         |
> >
> >I've seen this multiple times before. And in a ticket's activity
> >log, it appears, too.
> >

> I've seen this problem happen twice for the same bug. I don't think that
> the person who is "removing" the QA contact has the permissions needed
> to remove the contact.
> I tried adding back the contact once, but was not allowed to readd the
> contact.
> Are there any bugs filed against bugzilla for this problem?

I've found these:

  non-priveleged users can remove the qa contact
  https://bugzilla.redhat.com/116017

  QA contact was removed instead of my email added to cc:
  https://bugzilla.redhat.com/132004

But what looks like a bug to the user could be a side-effect of a
feature. E.g. QA contact removes himself, but database update or
ticket update is not posted until another change like adding a user to
Cc is done. Hence I asked before I queried bugzilla.

I'm sure there are other bugs. It happens to me that I receive empty
bugzilla mails occasionally, which contain only the link to a ticket.

--
Fedora Core release 2 (Tettnang) - Linux 2.6.8-1.541
loadavg: 0.08 0.22 0.15