Official list of major problems

Gérard Milmeister gemi at bluewin.ch
Fri Oct 22 18:03:28 UTC 2004

On Fri, 2004-10-22 at 19:11, Dan Williams wrote:
> On Fri, 2004-10-22 at 18:32 +0200, Gérard Milmeister wrote:
> > Two problems that come to my mind are:
> > 1. cdrecord doesn't work with kernel 2.6.8
> > 2. OpenOffice doesn't display cups properties dialog
>
> I don't really consider this a bug, other than perhaps integration bug.
> What loss of functionality do you have here, what's _not_ present in the
> OOo Printer Properties dialog that _is_ present in the CUPS printer
> properties dialog?  What specific functionality is missing?
>
> Dan
I have not meant to be a bug list, but a problem list. It shouldn't
contain every bug that appears, but only those that are likely to occur
for the average user. If I click on the properties button, I expect a
dialog to appear. If it doesn't I wonder what's the problem. So I want
to have a place to look for these issues. If it doesn't appear there I
can still search bugzilla. But I don't want to search bugzilla and read
to all the commentaries to find the reason and the potential fix buried
therein.
For example the cdrecord and kernel 2.6.8 problem. There are several
places on the web where users ask the question, sometimes there is no
information about the correct reason of the problem, sometimes there is.
Wouldn't be nice to have a complete description and resolution in a
central place, so that users could FIRST read these and then look
otherwhere.
--
Gérard Milmeister
Langackerstrasse 49