QA at Fedora asleep? Many i386 packages in x86_64 FC2 updates

Jeff Spaleta jspaleta at gmail.com
Tue Oct 26 14:39:20 UTC 2004

On Tue, 26 Oct 2004 12:50:53 +0200, Bob Deblier <bob.deblier at telenet.be> wrote:
> My apologies for having missed that - blame a couple of days with little
> sleep. Here's a better attempt at analysis of the problem:
>
> When running up2date, the latest openoffice packages (1.1.2-10.fc2)
> refuse to install due to a version conflict with package redhat-artwork.
>
> The conflicting packages are both 0.96-1, which proably means that it's
> a conflict between the already installed x86_64 rpm, and the i386
> version on which the new openoffice packages depend.
>
> Thanks for the feedback,

Already in bugzilla as a bug agaist redhat-artwork, i don't know the
number off the top of my head sorry. But there should be a new
redhat-artwork update for fc2 to fix the problem at some point.
Quick summary: using 32bit on 64bit requires some extra steps in
packaging to avoid conflicts, and redhat-artwork 32bit wasn't
originally needed on 64bit until this new openoffice update, which
introduced a new dependancy on libbluecurve from redhat-artwork.

-jef