Regina and THE

Roland McGrath roland at redhat.com
Tue Oct 26 18:53:26 UTC 2004

> People often turn off a package on some arch due to a temporary build
> failure, and then just leave it off for ages. I'd really like to see a
> policy of _having_ to have an open bug for such exclusions, in all cases
> except the true long-term reasons.

I agree.  In fact, I'd go further and say every single use of ExcludeArch
or ExclusiveArch ought to be associated with a bug # in bugzilla.  If it's
"it's yaboot, dummy" then that bug # can be CLOSED-WONTFIX from the start.
I favor this because it makes it straightforward to have automated
processes that troll the packages and complain about spec files that use
these tags without having a bug associated in bugzilla.  I think having a
bugzilla report explaining why it was never a problem is preferable to
putting magic exclusion lists into any such automated process.

Thanks,
Roland