Services and scripts at boot time

Lorenzo Luconi Trombacchi lorenzo at reality.it
Wed Oct 27 13:14:48 UTC 2004

Why these scripts/services are default executed/activated at boot time
after Core installation?

- pcmcia: also executed when pcmcia is not present
- isdn: also executed when isdn is not present
- mdmonitor: activated without RAID partitions
- rhnsd: Fedora Core users use RHN for manage/update packages?
- NFS/RPC: activated/executed many scripts about NFS... If I am an NFS
user I think I can activate some scripts/services at boot time.
- cpuspeed: many CPUs (like AthlonXP and other) don't support cpuspeed

Lorenzo