FC3 rpm behavior change

Rex Dieter rdieter at math.unl.edu
Sat Oct 30 16:42:40 UTC 2004

Stuart Jansen wrote:
> On Sat, 2004-10-30 at 11:40 +0100, Paul Nasrat wrote:

>>>Is there any way to revert to the previous behaviour ?
>>
>>rpm --fileconflicts
>

> So we've got a reply from an @redhat.com that says how to avoid the
> behavior.

I have to agree with the consensus shown here that this change in
default behavior is, to put in mildly, *just plain stupid*.  Please,
please revert to previous, proper behavior, and force folks who insist
on this broken behavior to use
rpm --replacefiles

Has anyone bothered to submit anything to bugzilla yet?  (If not, I'd be
happy to).

-- Rex