Mail gui config

Mircea MITU mmitu at bitdefender.com
Sun Oct 31 00:07:33 UTC 2004

On Sat, 2004-10-30 at 19:29 -0400, Alan Cox wrote:
> On Sat, Oct 30, 2004 at 07:01:09PM -0400, Tom Diehl wrote:
> > > RH/Fedora install, is rpm -e sendmail
> > >
> > > I really wonder how many subscribers are still using Sendmail.
> >
> > It does not matter how many subscribers on this list are still using Sendmail.
>
> You'll notice that we turn network connections to the mail system off by default
> but the mail system is needed for internal deliveries of things like logs.

It does not matter since the first documented sendmail issue is "how to
open" it. Reading this issue may be cataloged as RTFM and people who
install the system by default and leave it as-is, they never rtfm.

RTFM lovers already know how to bind sendmail on external interfaces and
how to install/select sendmail as default MTA, if they want to.

I'd rather opt for a very restrictive postfix aiming to protect newbies
and to secure deployments by default than for a somehow constrained
sendmail just to please the statistics.