Self-Introduction: Wart

Wart wart at kobold.org
Sun Sep 12 22:37:46 UTC 2004

Name:  Michael "wart" Thomas
Country, City:  US, Pasadena
Profession:  Scientific Software Engineer
Company:  Caltech

Goals in the Fedora project:  To push for the inclusion of more Tcl
extensions.  I have a number of personal projects that make use of
various Tcl extensions, and I'm just tired of typing "./configure ; make
; make install" to install it on clusters of machines.  I'd rather type
'yum install ...' to save a few keystrokes.  :)  In particular, I'd like
to help get tclhttpd and the various Tcl xml/soap extensions included in
Fedora.  I wouldn't mind doing QA on other packages, either, in my
limited free time.

Qualifications:  I've been developing software for the scientific
community for 10 years now.  I've managed one fairly quiet project on
SourceForge for over a year (ciphertool), and I am one of the main
developers on another SourceForge project (clarens).  I'm also starting
to contribute packaging-related patches to a handful of other projects
(all tcl-related).  My programming languages include C, Tcl, Java, and a
smattering of perl, python, and C++.

GPG fingerprint (uploaded to pgp.mit.edu):
pub  1024D/FB38D20F 2004-09-08 Michael Thomas (Wart) <wart at kobold.org>
     Key fingerprint = 00F9 CE86 4B6A F577 8914  55FA 0DE6 253D FB38
D20F
sub  1024g/D0F16529 2004-09-08

--Wart