Stateless Linux mailing list?

Kenneth Porter shiva at sewingwitch.com
Thu Sep 16 00:16:07 UTC 2004

Considering how popular the topic is, does it not make sense to start a new
mailing list? I ask this not in an attempt to drive the traffic off the
Fedora list, but to make it easier for people to break the discussion up
into distinct issue threads, which are all currently lumped into the one
big thread.

For example, the About document talks about a read-only root and the issues
that arise, and I'd like to learn more about this. How can we get all
services that use transient state from a DHCP client (eg. the resolver and
the NTP daemon) to start looking for it somewhere else? (Please start a new
thread if you want to tackle that question.)