[fedora.us] More bugzilla ticket reassignments

Kyrre Ness Sjobak kyrre at solution-forge.net
Sat Sep 18 11:34:45 UTC 2004

Or somhow take advantage of the "do you have any extra cd's" under
firstboot. I sombody at Livna/fedora.us/etc made such an iso, and it got
widely published where it is to be found, "everybody" would find that
and add it to the download.

Another thing: Using timezone localisation selection to choose it, might
be a bad idea as some people in the US might decide they want it no
matter what. I mean - really - how namy here does REALLY care that
because of US patent law libdcss is illegal, and therefor boot windows
each time they want to watch a dvd on their pc?

No, let the users decide. Put a big box there, with warnings and
everything, and "yes/no" buttons. Debian does it, SuSE delivers mp3 etc,
and many other distros does to. US is not the world ;)

BTW. according to Richard Stallman, the EU is going to have a new vote
on software patents in the beginning of october. Check out ffii.org for
more information. As far as i know, the case is that the parliment voted
"no" on sw patents last year, but the council still wants them (backed
my multi-billion corps like Nokia, Siemens, and Microsoft), and have
demanded a new hearing, in the beginning of October.