backups

Jeff Spaleta jspaleta at gmail.com
Mon Sep 20 01:22:32 UTC 2004

On Mon, 20 Sep 2004 04:58:48 +0400, Paul P Komkoff Jr <i at stingr.net> wrote:
> rdiff-backup only uses librsync to calculate increments of file data.
> By its design stuff like xattr and acl belong to file metadata. It can
> store them too but if corresponding python modules (pylibacl and
> pyxattr) available

to be precise... support for pyxattr and pylibacl are in the
development 0.13 branch of rdiff-backup and not in the stable 0.12
branch. Maybe if we all make puppy dog faces in Colin's general
direction we can guilt him into taking a look at the 0.13.4
rdiff-backup release and seeing how good the xattr support is.

-jef"watches as Colin fires a technical bullet at point blank range at
rdiff-backup and watches it bounce harmlessly off."spaleta