Why aren't aspell-XX packages noarch?

Matthias Saou thias at spam.spam.spam.spam.spam.spam.spam.egg.and.spam.freshrpms.net
Wed Sep 1 11:14:45 UTC 2004

Hi,

I was wondering why the numerous aspell-XX packages were built for each
arch instead of being noarch. It seems to me that they don't contain any
kind of arch specific files, and the total amount of disk space they
currently occupy for each arch in the Fedora Core Development tree is about
75MB. Should I bugzilla this or are there strong arguments against it
(other than "most tools don't update packages when they change arch",
*sigh*)?

Which raises another point : I really hope Seth implements a kind of
"ExactArchPkgs=kernel kernel-smp glibc" configuration quickly to yum "TNG"
:-)

Matthias

Fedora Core release 2 (Tettnang) - Linux kernel 2.6.8-1.521
Load : 0.75 0.40 0.31