Re: Why aren't aspell-XX packages noarch?

Matthias Saou wrote:

I was wondering why the numerous aspell-XX packages were built for each
arch instead of being noarch.

They're not noarch (despite the packaging of some other distros)-- we found this out the hard way when they were briefly noarch for a period of time until we noticed the dictionaries failing on big endian and/or 64bit platforms (forget which) like the ppc. If this has changed with very recent versions of the 0.50 series, it will require retesting.