modularity of DISPLAYMANAGERS

Rudolf Kastl che666 at uni.de
Wed Sep 1 14:45:15 UTC 2004

Am Mi, den 01.09.2004 um 9:37 Uhr -0500 schrieb Rex Dieter:
> Rudolf Kastl wrote:
> > The file is present. should i just sed around in a file that doesent
> > belong to the package?
> >
> > i think you miss a bit the point here.
>
> Clearly I am missing the point.  I thought you wanted to be able to
> specify alternative DISPLAYMANAGERs.
>
> So what *is* the point?

I want to be able to package alternative displaymanagers in a way it can
work "out of the box" the current way requires the user to hack some
config files and since SWITCHDESK needs a replacement anyways and the
freedesktop.org standard seems to be yet missing the DISPLAYMANAGER part
its a pretty sucky solution imho.

The switchdesk guis need a rewrite. so if theres just a bit sanity there
could be change in the way DMs are handled too and you could even reuse
the same gui.

its work that has to be done anyways so i dont see your stance here. Do
you think the way it currently is great?

I dont need help with my personal setup. thats not the problem and that
would be the wrong list.

But anyways if you dont agree on the other parts either like getting
that stuff standardized oh well... then i am not sure if we have a
common base of interests.

regards,
rudolf kastl