One update too far - help 2

Jeffrey C. Ollie jeff at ollie.clive.ia.us
Wed Sep 1 20:34:27 UTC 2004

On Wed, 2004-09-01 at 15:06 -0500, Michael Favia wrote:
> Jeffrey C. Ollie wrote:
>
> >Yes, but without a network, it'll be darn hard to upgrade to
> >3.1-0.pre5.2.
> >
> I figured if you can ask on this list you can get to the network well
> enough to transfer what need be transfered.

Maybe, maybe not.  My first attempt was to boot into the Windows XP
partition and download an older RPM there.  When I rebooted back into
Linux I found that I couldn't mount the Windows (FAT32) partition
because modprobe kept segfaulting.  A *LOT* of functionality in the
Fedora/Redhat kernels is in modules.  I'm not even sure that you could
mount a CDROM or a floppy.

Jeff