Why aren't aspell-XX packages noarch?

seth vidal skvidal at phy.duke.edu
Wed Sep 1 20:51:41 UTC 2004

> Which raises another point : I really hope Seth implements a kind of
> "ExactArchPkgs=kernel kernel-smp glibc" configuration quickly to yum "TNG"
> :-)

So, a good question came up today on discussion about this option.

How do we add new items to this list.

let's say in the middle of fc3 an updated packages come out and .i386
and .i686 packages are made.

for some misc reason - I'm sure we can all make one up.

and that package is not listed in ExactArchPackages

So it migrates up to .i686
now, what if that is NOT the desired behavior?

How do we update that config field for that contingency?

We're still talking about manual intervention, either way.

I'm just trying to sort out a situation where I'm not fixing one problem
and making another one.

Thanks!
-sv