i486 targetted glibc

Toshio toshio at tiki-lounge.com
Wed Sep 1 22:20:40 UTC 2004

What's the status of targetting i486 as a minimum for glibc as per
http://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-devel-list/2004-May/msg00617.html

I looked in the devel and test trees and saw i386 and i686 builds.
Looking in the SRPM's spec seems to show NPTL would still be disabled
for an i486 build even though the discussions on this list indicate NPTL
should run on i486 and above (could be wrong about that, though.)

Just curious because I'm rebuilding the FC2 glibc for my K6 so it'll run
subversion and was reminded of how much of a pain it is.  Don't want to
repeat for FC3 if I don't have to.

-Toshio
--
  t  o  s  h  i  o  +  t  i  k  i  -  l  o  u  n  g  e  .  c  o  m