Fedora on DVD-RW?

Steve G linux_4ever at yahoo.com
Thu Sep 2 20:01:19 UTC 2004

>Would it be possible to make a live Fedora DVD-RW, a fully operational
>system with write access, enabling the user to carry his OS and data at
>the same time?

You might be able to do this, but its not the common technique for live systems.
Generally the livecd uses tempfs for /var, /etc, and other writeable directories.
Another program exports or imports session data from a usb memory stick. I
suspect if you work on it and get it working, it will sound very abusive. The
noises coming from the drive will be terrible.

>Maybe it has been done already?

There is already a Fedora Live CD (not DVD) that you can get from here:

http://www.linux4all.de/livecd/

I build custom LiveCD's of Fedora and it works fine.

-Steve Grubb